1. Forty degrees and torrential rain makes it feel like spring. We lose so much snow cover that I can see the grass again.
2. Knowing that not everything deserves my attention or a response. Trying to remember that in the moment.
3. The local lab that employs the phlebotomist that we have known for 6 years. Her skill, big heart, kindness and compassion makes blood draws so much easier for the girl.
4. Questions.......how do you make the magic real? Why do small towns often live up to the reputation of being small minded? Why do we need more providers? DO we need more providers? Why aren't there more options? Why do some of the options work for some, but not others? When will I write the book? How can I be available for caregiving needs and also bring in more income? Why won't the driver's education place call me back? Why, why, why?
5. Pinot Noir and a low gluten brownie from Boulangerie. Nighttime snack of champions.
6. The feeling of weight being lifted off of my shoulders and chest as I empty my email inbox, reorganize shelves, toss papers and put items where they belong. I know this is true. But the feeling of relief is visceral after I do it. Why can't I remember this?
7. Reading books authored by other medical mamas.
8. Smudge finally has his own Instagram account. This fact, and giving Smudge a voice, brings me immense joy.
9. Scars. Quotes & songs about scars. Wisdom of scars. Platitudes about scars and what they mean in terms of the people who have the scars. The healing of an open wound. Scars.
10. Plans for an overdue friend weekend are in full swing. T minus 12 days till we convene for shenanigans.